Exeter Community Home Energy (ECOE)
Come and chat directly with ECOE at Axminster Job Club on the first Thursday of the month.
Do you struggle to pay for your energy? Is it hard to heat your home? The Healthy Homes project run by Exeter Community Energy provides telephone energy advice and short follow up visits (which will only happen if it’s Covid safe). To be eligible you need to satisfy only one criteria including having a low income, receiving any benefit including universal credit, PIP, attendance allowance and child benefits; have any long term illness (physical or mental) or disability; or be recently bereaved.
- Energy saving advice
- Installing free energy saving measures
- Help with energy suppliers – issues with billing and meters, debt, switching and applying for the Warm Homes discount
- Referral for help with benefits and debt
- Replacement gas boiler if yours is broken and are a home owner
- Signing up for Priority Services register and SWW social tariffs
Also on offer is advice helping residents to apply for the government Green Homes Grants which provide up to £10,000 for specific home improvements including insulation, double glazing, air source and ground source heat pumps, replacement external doors. For vulnerable people on income-related benefits the £10,000 is for 100% funding of the improvement. For others it is up to £5,000 for 50% funding.